The UAB National Alumni Society will host the 10th annual Uncork Education at the Alumni House on Sunday, Nov. 4. The wine and craft beer tasting with heavy hors d’oeuvres and silent auction starts at 5:30 p.m., with the live auction at 7 p.m.
The evening will feature auction items, mystery prizes and other opportunities to support scholarships at UAB.
Last fall, the generosity of those who attended Uncork Education allowed the NAS to raise nearly $58,000 to support UAB student scholarships. Over the first nine years, this unique event has raised more than $400,000 to go toward scholarships.
Tickets to the 10th annual Uncork Education are $100 for couples and $60 for single tickets. For more information on Uncork Education, contact Liz McCullough at 205-934-3555 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This year’s auction includes:
- Vacation rental for seven days at a beach house in Seacrest Beach, Florida (four-bedroom/four-bath, walking distance to Rosemary Beach and Alys Beach).
- One-night stay at Ross Bridge, with breakfast at Brock’s and gift card to The Front Porch.
- Blazer Football experience that includes attending a closed practice and going onto the field for the coin toss at the first game of 2019.
- Specially commissioned artwork by a member of the UAB family.
- Blazer Cheerleading experience that includes cheering with the Blazers during a basketball game and UAB pom-poms.
- Dining experiences at high-end restaurants in Birmingham.
- Vacation rental for seven days at a beach house in Carillon Beach, Florida (three-bedroom/three-bath, between Destin and Panama City, 100 yards from the beach).
- Blazer Basketball experience that includes attending shoot around, seats behind the Blazers and access to post-game media conference.
- Atlanta Falcons suite.
- Holiday gourmet meals for 12.
- Gift certificates for area restaurants, spas, barbecue, SHIPT membership and more.
To obtain sponsorship information or to donate, contact Catherine Bedingfield at 205-934-3555 or email@example.com.