Beth Kitchin, Ph.D., R.D.
Department of Nutrition Sciences
Areas of expertise:
- The effect nutrition has on bone health and osteoporosis
- Diet myths
Kitchin developed and manages Tone Your Bones osteoporosis program. She also manages the UAB EatRight Information Hotline and Tone Your Bones Hotline.
Her research interests include patient education and health behavior. She can be seen weekly on Birmingham’s local morning program Good Day Alabama.
- Is it possible to take too many vitamins? Health
- How good is popcorn for you? The Boston Globe
- When it comes to cholesterol, is chicken as bad as red meat?, NBC News, TODAY
- Multivitamins are a waste of money for most people, VICE
- Why some snack bars make you crampy, farty, and bloated, SELF
- Does it make a difference if you get your protein from plants or animals?, Glamour Magazine