Stephen Russell, M.D.
Department of Medicine
Areas of expertise:
- Annual physicals
- Primary physician care
- Primary care for adults and children
- Urgent care for flu, upper respiratory infections, etc.
- Preventive care for adults
Russell is a double-board certified physician of internal medicine and pediatrics and an expert in primary and preventive care, including well-baby checkups and vaccinations, and the management of chronic conditions including high blood pressure, diabetes, asthma, cholesterol abnormalities, thyroid disease and allergies. He also is an expert in urgent care for illnesses including the flu and upper respiratory infections.
Russell is the lead physician of the UAB-Medicine Moody health clinic, where he treats adults, adolescents and children in preventive and primary care, including annual physicals, well-baby checkups, vaccinations, and urgent care for flu, upper respiratory infections and other maladies. Russell has a passion for streamlining communication with patients, families, and learners by teaching at the bedside. Using a combination of modern technology for learners and time-tested techniques of the physical exam, he has focused his academic interests on improving physical exam skills of trainees at the bedside. Russell also is an author with three non-fiction medical thrillers to his credit.
- 7 home remedies to stop a bad cough, Everyday Health
- Flu shots 'save lives,' keep people out of the hospital, say UAB doctors as flu season approaches, AL.com
- When preparing for back to school, don’t forget your child’s vaccines, Alabama Newscenter
- Mountain Brook author to publish 3rd book, Village Living
- Don't let the heat decieve you, it's flu season, NBC 12
- Alabama continues to see significant flu activity, WBRC