Media contact: Savannah Koplon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeanne Marrazzo, M.D.
Marnix E. Heersink School of Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
Areas of expertise:
- Intervention to prevent infection with HIV, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Multipurpose prevention, including contraception options and protection against HIV and genital herpes
- Sexually transmitted infection diagnosis management and prevention
- Reproductive tract infections, including transmission to infants
- Vaccine-preventable infections
- Infectious disease outbreaks
Marrazzo is a leading researcher in HIV and sexually transmitted infections. She helps build relationships and interactions between basic and clinical scientists to collaborate on research and expand opportunities in finding new methods for preventing and managing common diseases.
Two of her lifelong passions are fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research and mentoring young and mid-career faculty.
- These are the states with coronavirus cases falling and rising the most, CNN
- Teen who went against anti-vaxx will testify before congress, U.S. News & World Report
- Scientists hope new tech aids coronavirus vaccine, WebMD
- How long will the coronavirus outbreak last? Experts are scrambling to find out, TIME
- Donovanosis: 5 fast facts you need to know, Heavy.
- A dangerous, ‘Silent Reservoir’ for gonorrhea: The throat, New York Times
- HIV in gay and bisexual men in the southeast a public health concern, WBRC Fox 6
- Research continues into shingles vax for certain patients, Medpage Today
- Coronavirus rumor mill rampant with bogus news, WebMD
- As U.S. coronavirus cases pass 500, California cruise ship prepares to dock for tests, quarantines, Drugs.com
- Actually, there will be spitting in baseball – when players are tested, The Wall Street Journal
- Southern states could get hit by a spike in COVID-19 cases, study predicts, CNN
- We've hit 200,000 COVID-19 deaths in 6 months. What will the next 6 months look like?, ABC News