Jeanne Marrrazzo, M.D.
Division of Infectious Diseases
Areas of expertise:
- Intervention to prevent infection with HIV, including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP)
- Multipurpose prevention, including contraception options and protection against HIV and genital herpes
- Sexually transmitted infection diagnosis management and prevention
- Reproductive tract infections, including transmission to infants
- Vaccine-preventable infections
- Infectious disease outbreaks
Marrazzo is a leading researcher in HIV and sexually transmitted infections. She helps build relationships and interactions between basic and clinical scientists to collaborate on research and expand opportunities in finding new methods for preventing and managing common diseases.
Two of her lifelong passions are fostering interdisciplinary collaborative research and mentoring young and mid-career faculty.
- Teen who went against anti-vaxx will testify before congress, U.S. News & World Report
- Donovanosis: 5 fast facts you need to know, Heavy.
- A dangerous, ‘Silent Reservoir’ for gonorrhea: The throat, New York Times
- HIV in gay and bisexual men in the southeast a public health concern, Fox 6