Robert Blanton, Ph.D.
Department of Political Science & Public Administration
Areas of expertise:
- International political economy
- Foreign policy
- Human rights
Blanton lends expertise in international political economics, particularly the “human face” of the global economy. He deals with the intersection of human rights and the global economic system, examining how different facets of the global economy — including the investment decisions of multinational corporations, global trade or the actions of international financial institutions such as the IMF and World Bank — either influence or are influenced by different types of human rights, such as personal integrity rights, labor rights and women’s rights.
- 'Time to man up': After Twitter jabs, will Alabama's GOP senate hopefuls debate?, MSN
- Where are the democrats? Presidential candidates skip Alabama ahead of Super Tuesday, AL.com
- UAB prof explains why most in Alabama don't know human trafficking exists, Birmingham Times
- Will Sessions and Tuberville debate before Alabama Senate runoff?, AL.com