Doug Barrett, MFA, associate professor of graphic design
- Directs UAB's Bloom Studio, an invitation-only, independent study class where design students gain real-world experience working directly with clients on Design for Good projects. Past projects have included Cahaba River Society, Bibb County, Lakeview District, Southern Research, and the Village Creek Society to name a few.
- Recipient of the 2016 UAB President’s Award for Excellence in Teaching
- 2014 SECAC Award for Outstanding Professional Achievement in Graphic Design
- In 2013 received a $47,000 Sappi - Ideas That Matter grant — one of only 13 awarded to designers nationwide to help them create and implement print projects for charitable causes
- 2012 Alabama State Arts Fellowship in design
- Research interests in mapping the visual culture of commuting and the public space
- More than 20 years of professional graphic design experience, working for agencies and as a principal in his own design firm, Rodon & Barrett, Inc. His list of international clients includes Mars, Inc., VISA International and Banco Popular