Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
The Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) is a central office reporting to the Vice President for Research and Economic Development. The OSP assists UAB’s faculty and staff in their efforts to secure and fulfill extramurally sponsored programs by performing pre-award and non-financial post-award administration. The OSP is charged with the following, including but not limited to,
- Perform preliminary review and approval of all proposal submissions.
- Submit proposals through grants.gov and most awarding agency portals.
- Serve as representative UAB business office with official signing authority.
- Negotiate and execute ○ clinical trial agreements, and
- Process awards for distribution and account setup.
- Non-financial post award administrative support.
- Provide means for adhoc report requests.
- Provide ongoing training for the campus, principal investigators, department administrators and center administrators to include workshops and other structured opportunities.
- Host workshops and other various training opportunities.
- Distribute latest updates, news and information via the UAB Research Administration list serve.
- Answer questions and provide information to sponsors and UAB personnel in a prompt, accurate and cordial fashion.
○ other extramurally sponsored projects to include research, services (selected), non-sponsor funded
collaboration, and master agreements, continuing professional education agreements, confidentiality and
data use agreements (selected).
A few things OSP cannot do –
- negotiate F&A rates.
- release agreements with compliance approvals, budgets or other required documents pending.
Contact Us Office Hours
701 20th Street South Monday - Friday
Administration Building 8 am to 5 pm
Birmingham, Alabama 35294-0001
Phone: (205) 934-5266 Fax: (205) 975-5977
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org