Welcome to the UAB School of Health Professions Undergraduate Research and Honors Programs page. Here, you will find information on undergraduate research and honors opportunities offered by the School of Health Professions; as well as tools for finding project mentors.
Visit our Toolkit for useful links for finding a research mentor. Also, checkout our announcements for current information on research opportunities within the School of Health Professions and across campus.
The UAB School of Health Professions ranks third nationally among health profession schools in National Institutes of Health funding. We house several nationally prominent research centers. Through our mentoring processes, you have the unique opportunity to participate in components of these research programs. In addition to working with researchers on our faculty, SHP undergraduate students have participated in cutting edge research being conducted across the UAB campus.
As a SHP undergraduate researcher, you have opportunities for:
- individual mentored research experiences
- team-based research experiences that bring to life the inter-professional health care team in a community service setting that culminates in a certificate in undergraduate research
- earning elective credit in your major by participating in research
Visit here to see the complete SHP undergraduate research options. Questions? Contact Dr. Ted Bertrand, Assistant Dean of SHP Undergraduate Research, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Undergraduate Research Curriculum Offerings
Individual Mentored Research Experience
- HRP 200 Responsible Conduct of Research (0 hr)
- HRP 415 Mentored Research in the Health Professions (1-6 hr)
Certificate in Team Based Undergraduate Research
Fall Semester 1
- HRP 200 Responsible Conduct of Research (0hr)
- HRP 405 Team Based Problem Solving in the Health Profession (2 hr)
Spring Semester 1 and Summer or Fall semester 2
- HRP 415 Mentored Research in the Health Profession (1-6 hr)
The certificate is a team-based experience. Students who complete HRP 200, HRP 405, and 6 hours of HRP 415 with their team will receive a School of Health Professions certificate in undergraduate research.