The UAB Sparkman Center for Global Health offers a professional certificate program in Global Health Studies (GHS). This program was developed at UAB through funds received from the National Institutes of Health and has been approved by the UAB Board of Trustees as a professional certificate program.
Who Should Enroll in this Program?
Those who desire to work in the field of global health require skills to identify and delineate critical health and human development issues that confront populations in the settings in which they work. The GHS certificate program is designed to equip professionals with the fundamental skills necessary to function effectively in global health practice.
GHS Certificate Program Objectives
Upon completion of the GHS certificate program, participants will be able to:
- Analyze the relationship between global health and development.
- Use appropriate methods to appraise global health challenges and health care systems, as well as responses to these challenges.
- Synthesize information from primary and secondary sources to help identify appropriate interventions and actions in the field of global health.
- Use research, planning and management methods to make efficient and effective use of available resources in field settings.
- Develop or enhance professional skills in program design, program monitoring, and evaluation.