*If you are in Nursing, Dentistry, Medicine, Optometry, Health Professions, Public Health or Graduate Biomedical Sciences:
You will not receive an evite. Instead, your school/program will contact you with instructions regarding your medical clearance process, how to create your CertifiedProfile and your deadline.
What are my requirements?1a. Based on your program of study and citizenship, select the appropriate form below to be completed by your healthcare provider.
|Non-Clinical Domestic Immunization Form||Non-Clinical International Immunization Form|
|Clinical Domestic Immunization Form||Clinical International Immunization Form|
1b. If you already have copies of your original immunization records, you may submit those instead of the form provided above. In addition to these immunization records, you must complete and submit this health history form. Alabama residents should note that the state immunization "blue form" does not satisfy all UAB medical clearance requirements.
2. If you have a history of a positive TB test, the UAB TB questionnaire is required.
UAB TB Questionnaire
How do I submit my medical clearance documents?You will receive an evite to your UAB email from CertifiedProfile inviting you to create an account and submit your immunization documents electronically. If you have not created your account, please click “Begin Order” in your evite, agree to the terms/conditions on the next screen, and click “Continue.”
If you cannot find your evite and need to re-issue it, please log into BlazerNET, click “Immunization Status,” and click “Re-Issue Evite” in the Immunization section OR contact One Stop Student Services. If you have already created an account, please return to www.CertifiedProfile.com and log in using your email address as the username. Enter your password and click “Login” to upload and submit your documents.
How do I know if I have met my requirements?To view your requirement status, please log in to BlazerNET and click "Immunization Status" on your student profile page. If your status is “satisfied,” you have met your immunization requirements. If you recently satisfied these requirements, please allow time for the review of your documentation and update to your immunization status in BlazerNET. If your status is “not satisfied,” log in to your CertifiedProfile to view the requirements you have not yet satisfied.
How do I schedule an appointment for vaccinations and TB testing?Students may receive vaccinations and TB testing at UAB Student Health & Wellness. Please schedule an appointment using the “Patient Portal” button on your BlazerNET home page or call 205-934-3581. Details and costs are available via this website: Student Health & Wellness Immunizations and TB Tests
Can I request an exemption?If any of your courses meet on campus, or if your program has the option to meet on campus, you are not exempt from satisfying medical clearance requirements. Students in the following online-only programs are exempt from the UAB immunization policy.
- Construction Management (Master's in Engineering with concentration in Construction Management) [School of Engineering]
- Information Engineering Management [School of Engineering]
- BS/MS Accounting [Collat School of Business]
- BS Economics [Collat School of Business]
- BS Finance [Collat School of Business]
- BS Information Systems [Collat School of Business]
- BS Marketing [Collat School of Business]
- BS Management [Collat School of Business]
- MA Sociology [College of Arts & Sciences]
- MENG (Advanced Safety Engineering and Management)
- School Psychometry [School of Education]
If you have a medical exemption request, please click HERE.
Are scanners available on campus?Scanners are available in the following locations during their business hours:
- Near the reference desk at Sterne Library (flash drive necessary to save your scanned documents)
- Near the HUB desk on the first floor of Lister Hill Library (flash drive necessary to save your scanned documents)
- Student Health & Wellness Center
- One Stop Student Services where staff can assist you
What if I have questions or need help submitting my documents?Please contact:
|One Stop Student Services
|Student Health & Wellness
205-975-7751 or 205-975-7753
Questions specific to your CertifiedProfile account may be directed to UABSupport@certifiedprofile.com. You can expect a reply within two hours between 7 a.m.-7 p.m., 7 days a week. If you prefer to speak with someone by phone, please include in your email: your name, phone number, and preferred time to be contacted.