To officially change your major, please complete the online form:
Log in to Change Your Major
If you have difficulty accessing the online form via the above link, please access it via BlazerNET. After logging in with your BlazerID and strong password:
Please review the following guidelines before attempting to change your major. Certain schools and student populations have restrictions on major changes. Please see the UAB Catalog for specific information.
- Only 2 major changes per semester are allowed.
- Major changes submitted prior to the last day to add/drop are effective for the current term. Changes submitted after the last day to add/drop are effective for the upcoming term.
School of Business
- A minimum overall GPA and minimum UAB GPA of 2.0 are required to change to any major in the School of Business.
School of Engineering
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.20 is required to change to any pre-major in the School of Engineering. Change of major directly to a program requires permission from an academic advisor.
- Freshmen who wish to change their major to Biomedical Engineering must have a minimum high school GPA of 3.20 and a minimum ACT score of 28.
School of Nursing and School of Health Professions
- You cannot change your major to Nursing or any of the majors in Health Professions online. Formal application for admission to these programs is required.
- Athletes cannot change their major. Please see your athletic academic advisor.
- Temporary students are automatically classified as Liberal Arts majors in the College of Arts & Sciences and cannot change their major.
- Transient students cannot change their major.
Students Admitted by Appeal
- Students admitted by appeal, including freshmen who are conditionally admitted, are admitted as Liberal Arts majors in the College of Arts & Sciences and cannot change their major. Please see your academic advisor for more information.