Through the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE), the state of Alabama offers additional options for Alabama residents.
Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program (ANGEAP)
- This program is open to active Alabama National Guard members in good standing who have completed basic training. Good academic progress in a degree program is required.
- Amount: Up to $500/semester or $1,000/year
- Apply by contacting your National Guard unit commander.
Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship Program
- This award recognizes exceptional high school seniors.
- Apply through the Alabama Department of Education.
Police Officer and Firefighter Survivors’ Educational Assistance Program
- This program is open to eligible dependents or spouses of Alabama police officers or firefighters killed in the line of duty.
- Awards apply only to the cost of undergraduate study in public schools such as UAB.
- Apply through ACHE.
Technology Scholarship Program for Alabama Teachers
- This program is open to employed, full-time certified public school teachers, counselors, and principals. Priority is given to teachers in English, science, math, social science, history, and grades K-6.
- The award only provides assistance for tuition and fees for three technology courses in a specialized area. Recipients must maintain a B average and successfully complete the courses.
- Apply through ACHE or the UAB Financial Aid office.