Password RequirementsIn order to maintain password security, UAB passwords must follow these standards:
- Your password must be between 8-32 characters in length (minimum: 8 characters, maximum: 32 characters).
- Your password must use characters from at least three of the following sets:
- lowercase letters
- capital letters
- symbols [excluding equal sign (=) comma (,) quotation marks (' or ") and spaces/blanks]
- Your password must not contain your name.
- Your password must not contain your BlazerID.
- Your password should not contain any part of your own name, or the names of family, friends, or pets.
- Your password should not include your phone number, social security number, or birth date.
- Your password should not be a single word, in any common language.
Note that strong passwords do not have to be difficult to remember; combining a couple of familiar words and either replacing one letter with a number, or separating the words with a number or acceptable punctuation, is a common way of creating a password that is both easy to recall by you and hard to guess by others.