Thank you for your interest in the Andrew M. Sands Memorial Emergency Student Loan Program (ESLP), sponsored by the Undergraduate Student Government Association (USGA). This program is designed to help students receive financial assistance for common expenses such as tuition and fees, textbooks, housing (on-campus and off-campus), utilities (water, electricity, gas, cable, internet), title payments (automotive payments, insurance policies), medical expenses, emergency travel expenses, etc.
The program is for eligible UAB undergraduate students. The maximum amount of an Emergency Student Loan is $500 dependent upon the circumstances of the student’s case. After receiving a loan, the student will then have 90 days to repay the loan to Student Financial Services. If student does not repay the loan within said time period, a hold will be placed on the student’s UAB account, thus not allowing the student to register for classes or graduate.
- Enrolled in at least 12 hours as an undergraduate student at UAB
- Must complete a mandatory meeting with the Emergency Student Loan Program Coordinator
- Please turn in the following documents along with the application:
- Proof of Need (bank statement or other proof of income)
- Bill or Letter of Delinquency proving need for ESLP assistance
- Letter of Appeal for assistance from the ESLP
Note: No loans will be dispersed to students who do not meet all guidelines listed above.
You will be notified of your loan acceptance or denial no later than one week after submitting your application.
Applications may be submitted to the USGA Advisor located in the Campus Recreation Center, Room 190.
For more information, contact the USGA Emergency Student Loan Program Coordinator, Nirja Gajjar, at email@example.com.