As Dean Lori McMahon, Ph.D., prepares to transition this year to a new role at the Medical University of South Carolina, UAB has developed a new position that aligns leadership of the Graduate School with the Office of Global Engagement at an intersection of two pillars of its strategic plan, Forging the Future.
The university has initiated a national search for a vice provost for graduate and international education with support from the Isaacson Miller search firm. The successful candidate will assume those two roles and also be the university’s chief international officer.
“The search committee members are a diverse set of stakeholders who will be important contributors to the search process,” said UAB Provost Pam Benoit. “The individual who will fill this position is going to help drive our institution’s continued growth across important parts of our mission, and I thank the committee members for dedicating their time to this search.”
Honors College Dean Shannon Blanton, Ph.D., will chair the search committee, which includes graduate faculty and students plus other campus stakeholders:
- Aaron Lucius, Director, Chemistry PhD Program, College of Arts and Sciences
- Janet Yother, Director, Microbiology Theme, Graduate Biomedical Sciences, School of Medicine
- Tino Unlap, Director, MS in Biotechnology, School of Health Professions
- Jesse Keppley, Director, Student and Academic Services, Graduate School
- Cyndi Ballinger, Director, Administrative and Fiscal Affairs, Graduate School
- Edwin W. Cook III, Director, Medical Psychology Program, College of Arts and Sciences, Faculty Senate Representative
- Jason Floyd, PhD student, Graduate Biomedical Sciences; Graduate Student Government leadership
- Sabrina Heiser, PhD student, College of Arts and Sciences; Graduate Student Government leadership
- Laurence Black, Postdoctoral scholar, Nephrology; Chair, UAB Postdoctoral Association
- Rebecca Gordon, Associate Vice President for Talent Management, UAB Advancement
- Bolaji Kukoyi, community business owner
- Chris Brown, UAB Vice President of Research
- Farah Lubin, Associate Professor, School of Medicine, Department of Neurobiology
- Majd Zayzafoon, Assistant Provost, Office of the Provost, and Assistant Dean, School of Medicine, International Education
- David Hofmann, Director, INTO UAB
- Lisa Schwiebert, Senior Associate Dean, Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs, Graduate School
- Linda Moneyham, School of Nursing Professor and Senior Associate Dean, Academic Affairs
A description of the position and application process and other other search-related information will be available through the Office of Human Resources. Updates on the search process will be posted on the UAB Executive Search webpage as they become available.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UAB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion or veteran status.