All five films were accepted to compete in the Short Documentary Film Competition during the 23rd annual festival. The UAB student films are:
- “[Art]ist Unbound” by Palavi Ahuja
- “Lace ’Em Up” by Brianna Madry
- “No Trespassing” by Sabrina Palmer
- “Land Without Demand” by Luke Schlauder
- “Firmly Rooted” by Caleb Wood
- "The Perfect Woman" by Meagan Belflower
Ahuja, Madry, Palmer, Wood and Schlauder were students of Michele Forman, director of the UAB Media Studies Program, during the spring 2021 semester.
The 23rd annual festival will take place Aug. 23-29, in the Theatre District of downtown Birmingham. For ticket information, visit the website at www.sidewalkfest.com.
After their premiere, the five films will be available to stream online via the UAB Media Studies Vimeo Channel. The channel features UAB student films from the Ethnographic Filmmaking class and more. Visit UAB Media Studies Vimeo at https://vimeo.com/mediastudies/collections.