Advance your career by earning a graduate certificate in Social Media. The certificate program, consisting of four courses (all with online offerings), helps students and working professionals understand how to use social media technologies to benefit organizational goals and communicate with key stakeholders. Emphasis is on the application of new and emerging technologies for those currently working in the IS and marketing fields, as well as for those from other fields needing to build their social media skills.
Courses Required for a Graduate Certificate in Social Media
- MBA 614 Social Media and Virtual Communities in Business (online)
- MBA 616 Web Analytics (online)
- MBA 617 Intro to Business Intelligence (online and campus offerings)
- Plus 1 social media course from any graduate program at UAB, approved by advisor (MBA 690 Social Media in Marketing is an online offering)
Applicants must meet one of the following admission criteria:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or equivalent for international students (as evidenced by a credentialing evaluation from ECE or WES). Students who have a cumulative GPA less than 3.0 will need to submit a GMAT score of 480 or higher.
- A master’s degree from a regionally accredited university or equivalent for international students as evidenced by a credentialing evaluation from ECE or WES.
- Current student in a UAB graduate program.
News on UAB Social Media Certificate
Professor and Chair
Department of Management, Information Systems & Quantitative Methods
Office: BEC 319-C
MBA Program Coordinator
Office: BEC 210-B