Advance your career by earning a graduate certificate in Social Media. The certificate program, consisting of four courses (all with online offerings), helps students and working professionals understand how to use social media technologies to benefit organizational goals and communicate with key stakeholders. Emphasis is on the application of new and emerging technologies for those currently working in the IS and marketing fields, as well as for those from other fields needing to build their social media skills.
Courses Required for a Graduate Certificate in Social Media
- MBA 615 Social Media and Virtual Communities in Business (online)
- MBA 616 Web Analytics (online)
- MBA 617 Intro to Business Intelligence (online and campus offerings)
- Plus 1 social media course from any graduate program at UAB, approved by advisor (MBA 690 Social Media in Marketing is an online offering)
- A bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university (or equivalent for international students- as evidenced by a credentialing evaluation from ECE or WES
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Students who have a GPA less than 3.0 can submit a GMAT score of 480 or higher.
News on UAB Social Media Certificate
Graduate School of Management