The Children’s Creative Learning Center, a four week summer enrichment program, has been in existence for 40+ years. Serving children from all over the Birmingham area, the enrichment program seeks to encourage children to select their daily plan of study, work at their own pace, and enhance their academic development. Whether it is encouraging scientific thinking with ramps & pathways or writing and publishing a newspaper, children discover how exciting learning can be.
General Information: These are the details for Summer 2016.
- Participants registering for the Into the Woods: A CCLC Enrichment Excursion must sign-up for a minimum of 2 weeks. They do not have to be consecutive.
- All children must be potty trained. The program accepts students beginning at age 4 through rising 3rd graders.
- Afternoon care is available upon request. Please make sure to mark this section of the registration form to ensure afternoon care for your child.
- We provide all supplies needed for each workshop. However, if your child would like to bring their own supplies they are welcome too.
- Parents may access this website for weekly updates and pictures of the work their child is doing throughout the summer program.
- Snack: There will be a snack time each day. Please send an appropriate snack with your child.
- Payments: All payments and questions about regsitration will be handled through Dr. Jennifer Summerlin. You may contact Dr. Summerlin by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The location for this summer will be The Red Mountain Community School. The school's address is 4022 4th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35222.
- Upon completing all registration information, you will receive a confirmation email with additional program details.
- Occasionally, children in the UAB Children’s Creative Learning Center may be audio taped, photographed, or videotaped for educational purposes or may utilize supervised internet access. If you do not want your child to participate in these media formats, please send your request in writing at the beginning of the summer session in which your child will attend.