Information for Parents
The Children’s Creative Learning Center, a six week summer enrichment program, has been in existence for 41 years. Serving children from all over the Birmingham area, the enrichment program seeks to encourage children to select their daily plan of study, work at their own pace, and enhance their academic development. Whether it is a science experiment with everyday food items or writing and publishing a newspaper, children discover how exciting learning can be.
Dates: June 3 - July 12, 2013 (closed July 4th). 8am – 12pm Monday – Friday.
- Participants registering for the 3-10 year old programs must sign-up for a minimum of 3 weeks. They do not have to be consecutive.
- Three year olds must be potty trained.
- We provide all supplies needed for each workshop. However, if your child would like to bring their own supplies they are welcome too.
- Parents will receive a weekly newsletter with a description of each workshop.
- Snack: There will be a snack time each day. Please send an appropriate snack with your child.
- Payments: A $100.00 nonrefundable deposit is due at the time of registration. The deposit will be applied to your balance. Credit cards, checks and cash are accepted. If you plan to pay by credit card, you must do so online. WE DO NOT run credit cards so you are responsible for making payments whether it is a one-time payment of the entire amount owed or several payments online. The username and password you create to register will allow you to log-in and make payments by credit card. We ask that you have your balance paid in full by the last day your child attends. Checks Payable: UAB SOE .
- Testing: Every child participating in the Reading or Math program will be tested the first day they attend.
- Occasionally, children in the UAB Children’s Creative Learning Center may be audio taped, photographed, or videotaped for educational purposes or may utilize supervised internet access. If you do not want your child to participate in these media formats, please send your request in writing at the beginning of the summer session in which your child will attend.