How to ApplyHonors College Application Process
An overview of the Honors College application process can be found here.
- Complete the UAB Application for Undergraduate Admission here.
- Admitted students with a minimum ACT score of 28 or SAT score of 1260 and a 3.5 GPA will receive an invitation in the mail to join the UAB Honors College. Students who join the UAB Honors College prior to December 15 will have the option of applying to STHP.
- Students who do not meet the standardized test score or GPA requirements must submit an application in order to be considered for admission.
- The application deadline is December 15th of your senior year of high school.
- Request two letters of recommendation as instructed in the application.
- Attend an interview on a selected day in late January or early February if invited by the program(s).
Each of the Honors College's Signature Programs requires an individual essay. We recommend that you write your essay in advance as you will be asked to upload your essay when you submit your application online. Please include your name and Student ID Number (B0XXXXXXX) on your essay and limit it to 500 words. PDF documents are preferred. Your essay should be written in response to the following prompt:
Describe what about science or technology is exciting to you. Have you explored a scientific or technical subject in depth, either in a class or outside a class? If so, describe that experience and what you learned from it. Comment briefly on what you hope to be doing 10-15 years from now.
If you have any questions regarding the Honors College application process, please call (205) 996-9842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.