How to ApplyHonors College Application Process
- Complete the UAB Application for Undergraduate Admission here.
- Eligible students will receive an email offering them admission to the Honors College and inviting them to apply to one or more signature programs. You must accept the offer and follow the instructions provided at that time to submit your application to STHP.
- The application deadline is December 15th of your senior year of high school.
- Request two letters of recommendation as instructed in the application.
- Attend an interview on a selected day in late January or early February if invited by the program(s).
Each of the Honors College's Signature Programs requires an individual essay. We recommend that you write your essay in advance as you will be asked to upload your essay when you submit your application online. Please include your name and Student ID Number (B0XXXXXXX) on your essay and limit it to 500 words. PDF documents are preferred. Your essay should be written in response to the following prompt:
Describe what about science or technology is exciting to you. Have you explored a scientific or technical subject in depth, either in a class or outside a class? If so, describe that experience and what you learned from it. Comment briefly on what you hope to be doing 10-15 years from now.
If you have any questions regarding the Honors College application process, please call (205) 996-9842 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may read more detailed information about applying to the Honors College here.