UAB complies with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law which requires institutions of higher education to limit disclosure of personally identifiable information from educational records without the student's prior consent.
Any student may grant up to five parents and/or other guests limited access to certain student information. To request this access, the student must do the following:
- Log in to BlazerNET
- Click on the "Student Resources" tab
- In the Banner Self-Service Channel, click on "Personal Information"
- Click on "Parent/Guest Authorization Agreement"
- Provide requested information (relationship of parent/guest and e-mail address)
To complete the process, the student must assign the parent/guest a password and communicate that password to the person to whom access privileges are assigned. The parent/guest can then sign in at uab.edu/parentaccess using their e-mail address and assigned password to view the following information:
- Current charges
- Estimated future charges for the upcoming term once the student has registered
- Financial aid awards and award status
- Academic history, academic standing, grade point average, courses taken
- Current registration
If parents/guests who have access privileges have questions about the information provided, please contact the following:
|For information about
current or estimated future charges
|For information about financial aid||Student Financial Aid||205-934-8223|
|For information about academic
information and registration
|One Stop Student Services||205-934-8222|
Parent/guest access privileges must be renewed annually by the student.