Student Engagement staff aims to:
- Work with students to help identify and overcome barriers to success
- Help students get connected to campus and community resources
- Serve as advocates to help students navigate the university system
- Provide referrals for longer-term care
- Conduct outreach and education to students and other campus community partners on relevant issues students may face
- Serve in consultation to staff, faculty, students and families
- Interpret and uphold the University Non-Academic Code of Conduct to provide a safe and inclusive campus community environment
- Provide access to our food and school supplies pantry for students experiencing financial need and food insecurity
You're not alone; we are here to help.
Student Engagement is committed to nurturing, protecting and providing for its students. If you or someone you know is the victim of a physical or sexual assault or domestic violence, please remember: you are not alone. It is not your fault. UAB departments such as Student Health and Wellness, Women’s Advocacy and Counseling, and Student Engagement are here to offer assistance. Within Student Engagement, we have Case Managers to work closely and confidentially with undergraduate and graduate students. We will help you report a crime, receive medical attention or get you connected to the right resources. If you or someone you know is struggling with depression, thoughts of suicide, or alcohol or drug abuse, we have assembled a list of medical professionals, counselors and support agencies, both on and off-campus, to lead you back to recovery.