Before you park
- You can apply for temporary or permanent handicapped parking by providing documentation of your disability.
- Metered parking is available on some streets – meters have varying rates and time restrictions. Important: Your parking hangtag will not cover you at meters.
- Spaces in UAB's parking lots are not reserved (unless posted as such) and are available on a first-come, first-served basis – your parking permit doesn’t guarantee you a space in the lot.
- No-parking zones and handicapped spaces are in effect at all times.
- All city ordinances and state statutes governing motor vehicles still apply.
- Parking on or over the line is a violation (and is also kind of obnoxious).
- Vehicles left for long periods of time will be towed.
Get complete parking rules, a campus map, fees, and more from Parking and Transportation Services.
How to not have to parkGetting around UAB on foot and by public transportation is actually pretty easy.
- Blazer Express, UAB's campus bus service, offers free transportation for students, employees, and authorized visitors along six routes. Just show your ONE Card to ride.
- Birmingham’s charming DART trolleys carry riders through campus, around Five Points South, and to other locations for 25¢ a ride. Check out their map to find a route near you.
- Our campus is seriously sidewalked and pedestrian-friendly and is becoming more so every day. Plus, walking is good for your health, and campus is lovely this time of year.