On-Campus Dining Options
- The Commons on the Green overlooking the Campus Green
- The C Store in Camp Hall
- The Den - by Denny's on the second floor of the Commons
- Einstein Bros Bagels in the Learning Resource Center
- Jump Asian Express (food truck) parked on the Campus Green behind Heritage Hall
- Local Food Trucks - Cantina on Wheels, Melt, Off the Hook, and Sawâ€™s Street Kitchen - parked off the Campus Green
- Sandella's Flatbread CafĂ© in Lister Hill Library
- Simply to Go - Campbell Hall
- Starbucks in Sterne Library
- WOW Cafe (World of Wings) across from Blount Hall
- Zime in the Business-Engineering Complex
Coming SoonThe following dining options will be available in the new Hill Student Center, opening Fall Semester 2015:
Additional off-campus restaurants that accept Blazer Bucks (but not meal plans)
Your meal plan gives you the advantage of never having to worry about keeping cash on hand to eat on campus. Just swipe your ONE Card and dine!
Meal Plans â€“ Fall and Spring Semesters
For the 2015-2016 academic year, all freshmen* living on campus will be required by the University to purchase a meal plan and must select from plans 1 through 3. All other enrolled students living on campus will be required by the University to purchase a meal plan and must select from plans 1 through 8.
*Freshmen are defined as first-year students who reside on campus and meet the following criteria:
- Graduated high school within the last 4 academic years
- Entered UAB with less than 12 credit hours taken at another university after high school graduation
- Have not attended UAB during a previous academic year, excluding the summer term immediately preceding the academic year in question
All other students and UAB employees may elect to purchase any of the 8 meal plans during fall and spring semesters.
Meal Plans â€“ Summer Semester
Summer meal plans are available to UAB students enrolled in summer classes. Summer meal plan participation is optional for all students, including students living on campus during the summer terms.
2015-2016 Meal Plans and Rates
|Meal Plan||Meals||MP Dining Dollars||Cost (per semester)|
|Blazer 2||10 meals per week||$300||$1,750|
|Blazer 3||7 meals per week||$400||$1,750|
|Gold 4||5 meals per week||$200||$850|
|Gold 5||3 meals per week||$100||$600|
|Gold 6||1 meal per week||$75||$250|
|Green 8||25 meals per semester||$25||$200|
Dates & Deadlines
- Students residing in on-campus housing must pick their meal plan by July 17. If a student is required to have a meal plan and does not selected one the following plans will be chosen for them:
- Freshmen in on-campus housing: Blazer 3
- Upperclassmen in on-campus housing: Green 8
- Once you have chosen a Meal Plan you may only make changes to it through the drop/add period.
- Meals will be available beginning with Breakfast on Wednesday, August 19, 2015.
- Dining Dollars will be available beginning on Wednesday, August 19, 2015.
- Enrolled students not residing on campus may elect to purchase any one of the above meal plans during fall and spring semesters.
- Meals will be available on housing move-in day for the fall semester and the first day of class for the spring semester.
- The last day to use Fall 2015 meal plans is the last day of finals.
- The last day to use Spring 2016 meal plans is the last day of finals.
- Students can use up to five (5) meals per day.
- Blazer Plans come with 2 guest meals per week, and Gold Plans come with 1 guest meal per week.
Meals are accessed via your ONE Card and can be used at the Commons on The Green for all-you-care-to-eat meals. Individuals with Blazer 1 have unlimited daily meal plan access and individuals with all other plans can use up to five meals per day. Meals can also be used at any Simply to Go location through the "Take 3" program. For all plans, individuals may use one meal exchange at Simply to Go locations per meal period (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Late Night).
Meals in the Blazer and Gold plans will reset each week on Sunday night. Individuals with Blazer plans may use up to 2 of their weekly meals for guests dining at the Commons on the Green and individuals with Gold plans may use up to 1 of their weekly meals for a guest dining at the Commons. The Meal Plan Dining Dollar portion of the meal plan can always be used for guest purchases at all available locations.
Meal Plan Dining Dollars (MP Dining Dollars) is a declining balance account that can be used for purchases at all UAB dining facilities. At the conclusion of each semester any unused funds in Meal Plan Dining Dollars will be removed from the individual's meal plan account the day after the last day of final exams.
Campus Dining Fee - Fall and Spring Semester
For the 2015-2016 academic year, a $225 Campus Dining Fee will be assessed during fall and spring semesters for the following groups of students:
- all enrolled students living on campus
- all undergraduate students taking twelve (12) or more credit hours who do not reside on campus
Enrolled students not assessed the Campus Dining Fee may elect to add $225 to their Dining Dollars account during fall and spring semesters by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Campus Dining Fee funds can be accessed through the studentâ€™s Dining Dollars account. Dining Dollars is a declining balance account that can be used for purchases at all UAB dining facilities.
Funds in the studentâ€™s Dining Dollars account will roll over during the terms included in one academic year (i.e. fall to spring to summer). After the last class day of summer semester, 25% of any remaining balance in a studentâ€™s Dining Dollars account will be converted to BlazerBucks before the Dining Dollars account is cleared out in preparation for the upcoming academic year.
The Dining Dollars account is used for accessing Campus Dining Fee funds only. Individuals who wish to add additional funds can do so through their BlazerBucks account.