CCAMPIS: Child Care Access Means Parents in School

UAB has been awarded the Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) grant from the U.S. Department of Education. The goal of CCAMPIS is to assist low-income, undergraduate students with child-care expenses so that they persist and graduate. Applicants will be selected based on need and space availability. Because of fund limitations, not all who apply will be selected.

Learn more: CCAMPIS

Pell Grants

Pell Grants are available to undergraduate students without a baccalaureate degree.

Beginning July 1, 2012, students are limited to six years of Pell eligibility based on full-time enrollment. The calculation of the duration of a student's eligibility will include all years of the student's receipt of Pell Grant. Remaining Pell Grant eligibility is available on the National Student Loan Data System.

Learn More: Pell Grants

Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)

  • Grants are available to undergraduate students without a baccalaureate degree.
  • Amount: $500/year to $2,000/year.
  • Apply by completing the FAFSA.

Federal TEACH Grants

The Federal TEACH Grant provides funds for students pursuing a degree in specific education programs. The program provides grant funds for postsecondary students who are completing coursework in a federally designated critical-need area of education and agree to serve for at least four years as a full-time, highly qualified teacher in a low-income school. Eligible students may receive up to $4,000 per year in TEACH Grant funds. Failure to complete the four-year service agreement will result in the grant being converted to a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford/Ford Loan that you must repay in full, with interest accruing from the time of disbursement.

State Grant Programs

Through the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE), the state of Alabama offers additional options for Alabama residents.

Learn More: State Grant Programs

uab logo

Cost & Aid