CCAMPIS: Child Care Access Means Parents in School
UAB has been awarded the Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) grant from the U.S. Department of Education. The goal of CCAMPIS is to assist low-income, undergraduate students with child-care expenses so that they persist and graduate. Applicants will be selected based on need and space availability. Because of fund limitations, not all who apply will be selected.
Pell Grants are available to undergraduate students without a baccalaureate degree.
Beginning July 1, 2012, students are limited to six years of Pell eligibility based on full-time enrollment. The calculation of the duration of a student's eligibility will include all years of the student's receipt of Pell Grant. Remaining Pell Grant eligibility is available on the National Student Loan Data System.
Supplemental Education Opportunity Grants (SEOG)
- Grants are available to undergraduate students without a baccalaureate degree.
- Amount: $500/year to $2,000/year.
- Apply by completing the FAFSA.
Federal TEACH Grants
The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH) Grant provides funding to undergraduate and graduate students majoring in high-need education fields such as mathematics, science, world languages, and special education that prepare students to teach as a highly qualified teacher.
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- Have a current Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) on file with UAB and be eligible for federal student aid;
- Meet certain academic achievement requirements to qualify for the TEACH grant, e.g., 75% percentile on one or more portions of a college admission test or maintaining a cumulative GPA of at least 3.25; and
- Agree to teach full-time for at least four years as a highly qualified teacher in a high-need field.
Eligible students may receive up to $4,000 per academic year in TEACH Grant funds, $2,000 per semester.
State Grant Programs
Through the Alabama Commission on Higher Education (ACHE), the state of Alabama offers additional options for Alabama residents.