Are you looking to return to a graduate program you have previously enrolled in? You may be eligible for our streamlined Readmission Application. Students who have not registered for three (3) consecutive semesters will be changed to inactive student status and must apply for readmission before they will be able to register for courses at UAB.
Degree-seeking students who meet the following criteria are able to apply for readmission:
- Were admitted to a UAB Graduate Degree-Seeking Program within the last five years, and
- Have registered for and successfully passed at least one graduate course at UAB after being admitted to a UAB Graduate Degree-Seeking Program BUT have not registered for courses for one academic year (3 semesters) or more, and
- Have not attended any other university or college in the interim, and
- Wish to return to the graduate program to which they were previously admitted
- Readmitted students must meet the degree requirements operative at the time of readmission.
Previous submission materials will automatically be attached to your readmission application when processed by the UAB Graduate School.
If your program does not have a specific application deadline, the Graduate School has the below standard application deadline dates.
Typically, this is the date by which your application fee must be paid and your application submitted. Supporting materials, such as recommendations or transcripts, will continue to be accepted after this deadline for most programs.
Semester Degree Seeking Applicant Deadline Non-Degree Seeking and Readmission Applicant Deadline Fall 2023 August 1, 2023 August 14, 2023 Spring 2024 December 1, 2023 January 1, 2024 Summer 2024 May 1, 2024 June 17, 2024
Applying to Graduate School could not be easier with our online application. Sign up or sign in to access your application and get started on your UAB journey!