Moses Sinkala Travel Scholarship and Application Information
In honor of the late Dr. Moses Sinkala, the Sparkman Center for Global Health and the Office of the Vice Provost for Student and Faculty Success have established the Moses Sinkala Travel Scholarship. This annual award is designed to assist UAB students complete an international internship or research opportunity. Five (5) awards of $3,000 will be granted.
Please note that scholarships may not be applied towards field courses, study away opportunities, or programs which require students to pay a fee for placement. Only UAB students in good academic standing may apply. Any UAB student is eligible for this scholarship.
Interested parties need to submit the following:
- Complete application form (will appear on this page Mon, Jan 15th)
- Transcript (pdf uplaod, unofficial copy can be obtained from Blazernet)
- Project Proposal (pdf upload, should not exceed 5 pages, double-spaced)
Components of the Project Proposal include:
- Synopsis of your background. Include the intent of your project, goals, and a brief description of why you selected this topic of study
- Organization and contact information: Organizations or projects with whom you will be collaborating, including name, phone number, and email of your contact abroad
- IRB approval: State whether the project requires UAB's Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval. If so, include a description of the review process for planned research
- Budget specifying your total cost for this endeavor. Include airfare, room, board, visas, immunizations, etc.
For details on the impact of the Moses Sinkala Travel Scholarship, please peruse the Sparkman Spotlights below:
How to Apply