Blazer Express Route & Schedule Changes
Our customers have spoken and we have listened! UAB Blazer Express is pleased to announce a few bus route changes that will improve your transit experience. Effective Monday June 13, 2016 there will be changes to the Blue, Green, Gold and Orange Blazer Express bus routes/schedules.
- Blue Route - Due to low passenger activity and pending construction, the Blue route will no longer have a stop inside Lot 15A.
- Green Route - The Green route will be split into two seperate routes, Green North and Green South. University Boulevard will be the dividing line between the North and South Routes.
- Orange Route - Due to very low passenger activity at select stops along the Orange route, we have modified this route on the south side of campus and removed stops on the east side of campus as well.
- Gold Route - Due to very low passenger activity during the latter hours of the day, the operating hours for the Gold route will be changed to 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM.
Blazer Express Route Changes
UAB Parking & Transportation Services has listened to its customers. As we continue to evaluate the Blazer Express transit system for improvements, we will no longer offer the night Purple route after 2016 Spring Semester Break. We have been monitoring the passenger counts on this route for quite a while and have seen very little passenger activity on this route.
As a result, the service hours that were used on the Purple route will now be split between the Silver and Orange routes. This change will allow us to have a bus on the Silver route until 9:00 PM and an additional bus on the Orange route from 7:00 PM – 12:00 AM. Customers who use these routes during the evening/night hours will have more efficient service.
Thanks for your continued support of UAB Parking & Transportation Services.
Blazer Express Shopping Shuttle
The Blazer Express Shopping Shuttle will resume service for this semester beginning Sunday, August 28, 2016. Note that on the first day of service (August 28), the pick-up location is the bus stop located on University Blvd directly across from the UAB Recreation Center. The Shopping Shuttle service operates from 2:00PM until 5:00PM on Saturdays and Sundays and travels from Blazer Circle to various shopping locations as follows:
- Saturdays: Blazer Circle to Pepper Place, Wal-Mart (Lakeshore) and Target (Brookwood)
- Sundays: Blazer Circle to Wal-Mart (Lakeshore) and Target (Brookwood)
We welcome your feedback. Please click here to complete a feedback form or email us at email@example.com.
Blue Route (see stops)
|Route Schedule||Time Between Buses|
|5:30am - 8:30am||10 minutes apart|
|8:30am - 7:30pm||12-15 minutes apart|
Silver Route (see stops)
|2:30pm - 7:00pm||9 minutes apart|
|7:00pm - 7:45pm||5 minutes apart|
|7:45pm - 9:00pm||12-15 minutes apart|
Green Route (see stops)
|7:00am - 7:00pm||12-18 minutes apart|
Gold Route (see stops)
|7:00am - 5:30pm||15 minutes apart|
Orange Route (see stops)
|7:00pm - 12:00am||25-minute loops|
To view a printable schedule of morning pick-up times at each of the remote parking lot locations, please click here.