The Children’s Creative Learning Center (CCLC) is a summer enrichment program that has a history of service to families throughout the greater Birmingham area in a variety of school locations for the past 40 years.
CCLC Clinical Experience Program - Teaching Opportunity:
Every summer the CCLC will offer the opportunity to teach for four-six weeks, Monday-Thursday, in an area Birmingham City School to students who have successfully completed Pedagogy I & Pedagogy II.
· Committed to working six weeks, Monday-Thursday from 7:30am - 12:30 pm
o Two paid work days
o Specific teaching schedule will be provided prior to planning session dates
· Strong work ethic & commitment to arrive on-time and remain until after dismissal
· Commitment to attend prior planning sessions
o Once cohort is chosen, we will have an initial meeting to determine planning dates/times
· Self-contained teacher for 12-15 students (incoming K or incoming 1st, 2nd, or 3rd grades)
· Collaboration with selected mentor teacher for lesson planning, parent communication, etc.
· Creating a classroom environment that is intentionally inviting and engaging
· Building a classroom community based on respect and valuing individual differences
· Setting a schedule that promotes a comprehensive approach to literacy and mathematics
o This would include, but is not limited to, shared reading/writing, independent reading/writing, literacy centers, small group and/or individualized instruction, number talks, exploration of math concepts through games and problem-solving situations, incorporation of social studies through literature, etc… (To, With, & By)
o Each class will be self-contained from 8:00am - 10: 45am
· Collaboration with peers to design problem-solving and inquiry based learning opportunities
· Regular and on-going communication with parents of children that have been absent
· Opportunity to teach and make a dramatic difference for children in the Birmingham Area
· Opportunity to work alongside selected mentor teacher for lesson design, implementation, and evaluation
· Opportunity for a unique and one-of-a-kind teaching experience prior to student teaching
· Pay = $50.00 per day (additional planning time is not included)
· Contact Jennifer Summerlin (EB 119; email@example.com)
o Note: You may be in the process of taking courses in Pedagogy I and/or Pedagogy II to apply