The UAB 1917 Clinic provides many Support Services for our patients such as
- CompSAT (Substance Abuse Treatment),
- Heartsong@1917 (spiritual support for people living with HIV/AIDS),
- Heartsong Retreat (annual spiritual retreat held in the spring of the year),
- HOPE Support Group (People Living with HIV)
- Lunch and Learn Educational Series for People Living with HIV, family educators
- Mental Health Services,
- Nutrition Services,
- Pharmacists for counseling related to taking medications, and
- Social Workers for case management.
Also available in the Birmingham area:
- Encourage & Support Group (experienced patients helping new patients), sponsored by Ministry Center, and
- Take (an empowerment group for members of Trans communities and allies), sponsored by AIDS Alabama.