Leadercast, created to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership, is broadcast live from Atlanta, Ga., to hundreds of sites around the world. This year’s theme, “Beyond You,” challenges leaders to focus outward rather than inward.
The speaker lineup includes:
- Laura Bush, first lady of the United States (2001-2009) via exclusive video interview
- Henry Cloud, Ph.D., clinical psychologist and leadership consultant
- Malcolm Gladwell, journalist and best-selling author of “The Tipping Point” and “Outliers”
- Bill McDermott, CEO of SAP
- Laura Schroff, former advertising sales executive and best-selling author of “An Invisible Thread”
- Simon Sinek, leadership expert and best-selling author of “Start with Why”
- Andy Stanley, leadership author and communicator
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu, Nobel laureate and human-rights activist live from Cape Town, South Africa
- Randall Wallace, screenwriter, director, producer and songwriter for “Braveheart,” “Secretariat” and others
Last year, more than 100,000 leaders from 14 countries attended Leadercast. Now, in its 15th year, this full-day, experiential conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
“It is one of the single-most consolidated sources of leadership education I’m aware of that is available to the public,” said 2013 attendee Dale Callahan, director of UAB’s Information Engineering Management master’s degree program. “I think this conference, although very focused on leadership in the professional setting, really shows you how to lead in all aspects of life.”
UAB’s live broadcast of Leadercast will be held at the Business Engineering Complex, 1150 10th Ave. South, from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. For local ticketing information, call 205-934-8480 or visit the website.