WELCOME TO AMSTI-UAB!
Empowering teachers to implement the best informed actions to improve student learning in math and science.
- AMSTI is the largest, most comprehensive, and successful math and science initiative in the nation.1
- Multiple years of AMSTI external evaluations conclude that on every test given by the State Department of Education, AMSTI Schools outperform matched non-AMSTI Schools, often dramatically. 2
- Over 400,000 students in Grades Pre-K through 12 receive instruction by AMSTI certified teachers every school day, twice a day: once in math, once in science.
- Math and science often move from least-liked subjects to the most-liked among students in AMSTI Schools.
- AMSTI ranks as the number one priority of parents and school district board members and is the number one instructional priority for teachers.3
- Many schools are on a waiting list, requesting to join AMSTI. Funding is the ONLY reason these schools cannot be served.
2 As confirmed by four years of external evaluations (see www.amsti.org)
3 Alabama Department of Education statewide survey results in Alabama Education News, February 2002
508 8th Street South
Birmingham, AL 35233
Office Phone: (205) 996-6998
Fax Phone: (205) 321-1934