- A. Call us at 205-934-3514 and we will try to retrieve it for you. We will need your name, phone number, item description, and the bus route you were riding. You will need to present a photo ID when you retrieve your item should we be able to locate it.
Q. Who can ride the bus?
- A. UAB students, employees, and authorized visitors can ride the Blazer Express.
Q. Is there a cost to ride the bus?
- A. No. Blazer Express is a fare-free transit system for UAB students, employees, and authorized visitors.
Q. How many bus routes are there?
- A. There are seven bus routes. The routes are marked by color code -- Blue, Green North, Green South, Gold, Silver, Purple, and Orange.
Q. Where are the bus stops located?
- A. There are 30+ bus stop locations strategically placed throughout the campus. Most buildings on campus are less than a five-minute walk from a bus stop. (Click here for a map of routes and stop locations).
Q. Are the buses wheelchair accessible?
- A. Yes. All Blazer Express buses are ADA accessible.
Q. Will the buses operate during official UAB holidays?
- A. On occasion, but on a condensed bus schedule. Please visit this site closer to the holiday for an updated schedule.
Q. Where is the bus depot terminal?
- A. The Blazer Express bus depot is located in the Express 1 parking lot at 608 8th Street South.
Q. What must I have to board a bus?
- A. Riders must present a valid UAB ID badge or authorization card. Riders with a valid UAB ID are allowed to bring guests on the bus as well.
Q. What are the operational hours of the Blazer Express transit system?
- A. The normal weekday (M-F) bus hours are from 5:20 AM to 12:00 AM. Safety Escort service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. The service is provided by UAB Blazer Express between 9:00 PM and 5:30 AM, and by UAB Security Services during all other hours.
Q. How do I contact the UAB Blazer Express Safety Escort Service?
- A. Call 205-934-8772.
Q. How can I view the bus routes in real-time on my computer?
- A. Visit http://uab.transloc.com using your internet browser.
Q. How can I get the smartphone app so I can view the buses in real time on my phone?
- A. Download the TransLoc app for Android or iPhone and select UAB from the dropdown menu.