Frequently Asked QuestionsQ. I left a personal item on the bus. How can I get it back?
- A. Call us at 205-934-3659 and we will try to retrieve it for you. We will need your name, phone number, item description, and the bus route you were riding. You will need to present a photo ID when you retrieve your item should we be able to locate it.
Q. Who can ride the bus?
- A. UAB students, employees, and authorized visitors can ride the Blazer Express.
Q. Is there a cost to ride the bus?
- A. No. Blazer Express is a fare-free transit system for UAB students, employees, and authorized visitors.
Q. How many bus routes are there?
- A. There are six bus routes. The routes are marked by color code -- Blue, Green, Gold, Silver, Purple, and Orange.
Q. Where are the bus stops located?
- A. There are 41 bus stop locations strategically placed throughout the campus. Most buildings on campus are less than a five-minute walk from a bus stop. (Click here for a map of routes and stop locations).
Q. Are the buses wheelchair accessible?
- A. Yes. All Blazer Express buses are ADA accessible.
Q. Will the buses operate during official UAB holidays?
- A. Yes, but on a condensed bus schedule. Please visit this site closer to the holiday for updated schedule.
Q. Where is the bus depot terminal?
- A. The Blazer Express bus depot is located in the Remote 1 parking lot at 608 8th Street South.
Q. How long will I wait at a bus stop?
- A. During normal traffic conditions, the time between buses is typically between 8 - 15 minutes during daytime peak hours, and 18 - 25 minutes during night off-peak hours.
Q. What must I have to board a bus?
- A. Riders must present a valid UAB ID badge or authorization card. Riders with a valid UAB ID are allowed to bring guests on the bus as well.
Q. What are the operational hours of the Blazer Express transit system?
- A. The normal weekday (M-F) bus hours are from 5:30 AM to 12:00 AM. Late-night, on-demand service is available between 12:00 AM to 5:30 AM.
Q. Will there be curbside signage to designate a Blazer Express bus stop?
- A. Yes. Specific curbside signage and/or shelters are in place to designate a UAB Blazer Express bus stop.
Q. How do I contact the Late-Night, On Demand Van Service?
- A. Call 205-934-8772.
Q. Will the Highland Shuttle continue to operate?
- A. No. The Highland Shuttle is replaced by the UAB Blazer Express GREEN route.
Q. How can I view the bus routes in real-time on my computer?
- A. Visit http://uab.transloc.com using your internet browser.
Q. How can I get the smartphone app so I can view the buses in real time on my phone?