- hold a bachelors degree in Computer Science and would like to advance their technical knowledge in the field and/or learn about research in Computer Science,
- hold a bachelors degree in another field and want to make a career transition to the computing field, or
- currently work in the computing field and wish to obtain a graduate degree for career advancement
Program Basics and TimelineThe MS program consists of 30 hours and can be completed in 1.5 years by full-time students who have already fulfilled the program prerequisites. Thesis and non-thesis options are available.
Students may transfer in up to 12 credit hours of approved graduate courses, taken at the graduate level at another university before entering UAB. Approval for these courses is evaluated after acceptance, and after 9 credit hours have been accumulated within the MS program.
- All UAB 500-level and 600-level CIS courses are automatically transferable (but a request must still be made).
- To transfer graduate-level computer science courses from outside UAB, the student must submit full documentation to the graduate program director. This information will be evaluated by the director and appropriate faculty members.
Read more about program requirements.