Transient Students

If you want to transfer credit earned at UAB back to another institution where you are enrolled as a full-time student you may be admitted as a Transient student. Applicants for Transient status must submit an official transcript from the home institution. Enrollment as a Transient student is typically for one term, with a maximum of two consecutive semesters. If Transient enrollment is not in consecutive terms, a letter of good standing will be required for each term of enrollment at UAB.

Registration for classes:

The transient paperwork from the home institution should specify which class or classes for which a non-degree transient student wishes to register. This paperwork should be provided to the UAB Office of Undergraduate Admission for clearance for those specific classes. You can contact Undergraduate Admissions at 205-934-8221.