UAB Early Head Start Program - Eligibility
Who is eligible to participate in the UAB Early Head Start Program?
The UAB Early Head Start Program is a family focused child development program created to serve children and families in Jefferson, Walker, and St. Clair Counties in the state of Alabama.
A family will qualify for services if they meet the following criteria:
- Live in Jefferson, Walker or St. Clair County
- have an income below the federal poverty level
- are pregnant or have a child under the age of three at the time of recruitment.
When the program is full, families are put on a waiting list with priority given to:
- children of teen moms
- children with disabilities
- children of families challenged by substance abuse
- children at risk for child abuse and neglect
- children of immigrant families
For more information or to apply to the program contact the UAB Early Head Start Program by calling (205) 934-5736.
Download a printable brochure here
Want to make a referral? Download a referral form here and fax the completed form to (205)975-8097
UAB Early Head Start Program . 933 19th Street South . Birmingham, AL 35294