C & I was well represented at the 2013 Urban Sites Network Conference. Presentations from the department included:
- Sharon Abrams, ECE Doctoral Student-Roundtable Leader
- Drs. Lois Christensen and Tondra Loder-Jackson-The Civil Rights Movement Pre-Conference Session
- Drs. Tonya Perry and Bruce McComiskey-Common Core State Standards Pre-Conference Session
- Jennifer Summerlin-"The Modern Day Slave Trade: Potential Uses of Powerful Literary Pieces in Understanding and Promoting Social Acceptance in the 21st Century Classroom Community"
- Terry Harbison, Calvin Woodruff, Anne Kreider, Laura Ashley Missildine, & Tia Rutledge, Graduate Students from UAB-"A Place for Young Adult Literature: A Beginning Teacher's Perspective"
- Jasmine Clisby, Katie Mullinax, Katie Tibbett, Tiffany Ellis, Denise Ingram, and Laura Ashley Missildine-"Implementing Differentiation in the Secondary School Classroom
- Jeremiah Clabough, Susan Seay, & Nefertari Yancie-"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword: Writing Activities with Issues of Social Justice"