- Sharon Abrams, ECE Doctoral Student-Roundtable Leader
- Drs. Lois Christensen and Tondra Loder-Jackson-The Civil Rights Movement Pre-Conference Session
- Drs. Tonya Perry and Bruce McComiskey-Common Core State Standards Pre-Conference Session
- Jennifer Summerlin-"The Modern Day Slave Trade: Potential Uses of Powerful Literary Pieces in Understanding and Promoting Social Acceptance in the 21st Century Classroom Community"
- Terry Harbison, Calvin Woodruff, Anne Kreider, Laura Ashley Missildine, & Tia Rutledge, Graduate Students from UAB-"A Place for Young Adult Literature: A Beginning Teacher's Perspective"
- Jasmine Clisby, Katie Mullinax, Katie Tibbett, Tiffany Ellis, Denise Ingram, and Laura Ashley Missildine-"Implementing Differentiation in the Secondary School Classroom
- Jeremiah Clabough, Susan Seay, & Nefertari Yancie-"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword: Writing Activities with Issues of Social Justice"
Welcome to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction
As part of a great research university, our department offers a broad range of undergraduate and graduate degrees. Our programs are fully accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
The Department of Curriculum & Instruction faculty are internationally and nationally recognized providing expertise in their respective disciplines. Through teaching, scholarship, and service, faculty contribute to the development of dynamic teachers and educational communities in a global society.
We welcome your inquiries into our programs as you seek opportunities to touch the world through the education profession. Go Blazers!
Education Building 100
ASD Community Seminars continue w/ James Gallini 'Autism & the Law'. 9a-noon on 1/24 at Sch/Education. Details: http://t.co/cl3IAp6sLx $5pp— UAB Education (@UABEducation) January 13, 2015