Educational Psychology and Research Tenure Track Position
Educational Psychology and Research Tenure Track Position Announcement:
The Department of Human Studies at The University of Alabama Birmingham, School Education invites applications for appointment to a 9-month tenure track position at the level of Assistant/Associate Professor in qualitative and mixed methods research. The position begins August 2014. The ideal candidate will have an earned doctorate in educational research, health research methodology, qualitative methods or a related field as well as research interests in mixed methods, K-12 education or health promotion. The doctorate must be earned by June 2014 for candidate to be hired.
The successful candidate is expected to:
- teach graduate courses in qualitative research, mixed methods research and general research methods for students in education, health promotion, and exercise science fields
- teach undergraduate and/or graduate courses in an area of specialization within educational psychology or research methods such as K-12 assessment, educational psychology, statistics, or survey research.
- maintain an active program of research, scholarship and grantsmanship in his or her area of specialization
- secure external funding to support research and scholarship
- serve as methodologist on doctoral dissertation committees in education and health fields
- have an interest in teaching and/or designing online instruction and professional development; and
- work collaboratively with colleagues in programs designed to prepare professionals and researchers in areas of education, health promotion and exercise science.
Minimum qualifications include an earned doctorate in educational research, qualitative methods, health research, or a related area. Preference will be given to candidates with a proven track record of scholarship including publications in peer-reviewed journals and extramural funding; evidence of effective teaching at the college level; and the ability to work collaboratively with university colleagues and other partners.
Application Procedure: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Send letter of application, curriculum vitae, three letters of recommendation, a philosophy of teaching statement, and a statement of professional goals to the Chair of Search Committee, Dr. Scott Snyder
Mail the above documentation to:
Chair, Faculty Search Committee
Director, Center for Educational Accountability
Associate Professor of Human Studies
UAB, School of Education
Department of Human Studies
1720 2nd Ave S, EB 246, Birmingham, AL 35294-1250
PH 205.934-8475; FAX 205.975.8040