Yuzu can be accessed from Access eTextbooks in Canvas. Students will now be able to purchase course materials directly from within a Canvas course. In addition, Yuzu allows students to “Rent Faster – Study Smarter – Travel Lighter with Yuzu™ a free learning platform by Barnes & Noble College that lets you read and interact with your digital content wherever you are. Available for Web, iPad®, Windows® 8.1+, and Mac®” (www.yuzu.com).
A powerful, yet easy-to-use screen recorder, Camtasia helps you create professional videos without having to be a video pro.
Cengage Learning believes that engagement is the foundation of learning... Engagement is at our core and our focus is on engaging with learners, both in the classroom and beyond, to ensure the most effective product design, learning solutions and personalized services – all to help people learn.
CengageBrain.com is a division of Cengage Learning. CengageBrain offers textbooks, eBooks, eChapters, digital solutions, online homework, study tools, and textbook rentals.
Citrix GoToMeeting is an online meeting, desktop sharing, and video conferencing software, which enable the user to meet with other computer users, customers, clients or colleagues via the Internet in real time.
Citrix GoToTraining online training software enables your organization to provide live, interactive instruction to employees, customers and students anywhere, anytime.
Citrix's GoToTraining may be used in Canvas.
In GoToTraining, a faculty member or designated representative must be present before students will have access to an event.
FacultyEnlight - For Faculty
FacultyEnlight is the new textbook and course materials tool, which gives faculty the ability to:
- Research and adopt course materials in one place.
- Compare the estimated cost to student and format availability before adopting.
- Read peer product reviews and write product reviews.
- Access past adoptions from the past two years (www.facultyenlight.com).
FacultyEnlight has been integrated in Canvas (learning management system). There are three primary features available in Canvas. They are:
- Faculty Enlight - Faculty tool to research and select academic materials.
- Bookstore - Bookstore for students to purchase academic materials.
- Access eTextbooks – Student tool to access digital materials.
Support & Training
i>clicker is an audience response system, which provides user-friendly technology that enables instructors and students to interact dynamically in minutes.
The Kaltura multimedia content management system allows you to record, stream and manage multimedia files. This is an industry-leading enterprise system that offers many robust tools.
- Kaltura Resource Page
- Kaltura Quick Start Guide
- Kaltura User Guide
- For training, contact email@example.com
- For hardware issues support contact AskIT.
- For Kaltura system-level issues, contact your school's Kaltura admin (on Kaltura resource page). If your school does not have a Kaltura admin, contact Justin Moon.
McGraw-Hill Connect is a powerful online learning assignment and assessment solution for faculty to utilize Connect makes grading easy for you and extends the learning experience beyond the classroom for students.
NBC Learn is a video library repository which is integrated in the Canvas learning management system. Video collections include content from academic institutions. The content of these videos was solely created by the institutions and has been reviewed by NBC Learn.
MyLab & Mastering is the world’s leading collection of online homework, tutorial, and assessment products designed with a single purpose in mind: to improve the results of all higher education students, one student at a time.
At ProctorU we use humans to monitor exams, not robots or expensive gadgets. Meet some of our proctors that work with the cutting edge technology that empowers test takers to take exams from nearly any computer in any location around the world.
Respondus Lockdown Browser
A companion tool of Respondus, Respondus Lockdown Browser (RLDB) can be used to create a secure test environment for online exams.
- Respondus LockDown Browser Overview Video
- Respondus LockDown Browser Tool Guide
- Respondus LockDown Browser Student QuickStart Guide
- Respondus LockDown Browser Accessibility Statement
- Respondus Privacy Statement
- Respondus Technical Support Resources
- Respondus Support
- Contact UAB eLPS to register for training
TaskStream is a customizable, electronic portfolio application. It also has rigorous assessment management and performance based instructional features.
Turnitin is plagiarism deterrent application that is used by UAB schools and departments. Some of its services include originality checking, online grading, and peer review.
WileyPLUS is a research-based online environment that makes studying easier and more productive for students. It provides a recommended path for studying, feedback, and resources.