- Graduating high school seniors must be admitted to UAB prior to applying to EMSAP (see Application for Undergraduate Admission). The deadline for EMSAP applications is December 15th.
- Minimum Overall GPA: 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents are eligible to apply
Required High School Courses
- Four years of English
- Four years of mathematics
- One year of chemistry or physics
- One year of biology
- Minimum of 30 on the ACT
- Minimum of 1340 on the SAT
Because you work with patients, all UAB students in the Joint Health Sciences programs and in the Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry, Public Health, Nursing, and Health Professions are required to be immunized against Tetanus, Diphtheria, Varicella (Chickenpox), Mumps, Rubeola (Red Measles), Rubella (German Measles), and Hepatitis B. In lieu of being re-immunized, such individuals may present proof of having had such immunizations. Proof must be their official medical documentation or certificates of immunization or positive titer. Students must provide proof of immunization prior to being admitted, attending, enrolling, or participating in UAB academic, research, or clinical programs and activities.
Selection and Admission Process
EMSAP applicants are interviewed by members of the School of Medicine Admission Committee on one day each year. If you miss this interview date, there is no second chance. Demonstrated leadership and motivation, along with outstanding academic credentials, are qualities the School of Medicine Admissions Committee is looking for.