How to Apply to IEM
Admission to UAB Information Engineering and Management requires
- An undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university.
- Preference is given to engineering, math, science or technical-related undergraduate degrees.
- Original transcripts from every institution attended should be requested by the applicant and sent directly to UAB Graduate School;
United States Postal Service: UAB Graduate School LHL G03 1720 2nd Avenue South Birmingham, AL 35294-0013
- Relevant industry work experience as evidenced by your resume and three recommendations.
- An essay containing a short paragraph addressing each of the following questions:
- Why do you want to be a part of IEM and what do you expect to gain?
- Describe your area(s) of technical expertise.
- Tell us about one major accomplishment and one major setback you have faced in your career and how that impacted you.
- Why will your classmates be glad you are on their team?
- An interview with the IEM admissions committee may also be required.
- No GMAT/GRE required for admission to IEM.
Whether you are on campus or online, or some of both, here is what all entering clients need to do:
Go to Apply Yourself for the UAB Graduate School to start the application (you can work on this in more than one visit).
- Use the area on the left and choose “Application for Admission as a Degree-Seeking Student“.
- Under the link Application Information and the option Program Applying to: choose Information Engineering and Management.
- Under Additional Information you will be asked to upload a resume.
- Acceptance is determined by the IEM Admissions Committee.
- Scholarships may be available to those that complete their admissions paperwork early - see the IEM scholarship page for more information.
If you are applying after the graduate school deadline (July 1 for Fall; November 1 for Spring), the system will only allow you to apply for the following fall or spring semester.
Late applicants may apply as “non-degree seeking” and pay an additional application fee. If approved by the Graduate School deadline, they may register for classes. An official transcript confirming the award of a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required for non-degree admission. Applicants are still required to submit the paperwork shown above. The non-degree seeking deadline is typically 2 weeks before classes begin. Check with the Graduate School for the actual deadline.
Having technical difficulties?
- Apply Yourself site - If you need technical assistance in submitting your application, please contact Technical Support at http://emt.hobsons-us.com by clicking on Contact Support or view the FAQ's.
- UAB Graduate School - 205-934-8227