The following documents should be forwarded to the Vice President for Equity and Diversity prior to the faculty member’s hire date:
1. A letter of application for a faculty Recruitment Award from the department chair, with the concurrence of the appropriate dean, requesting support and detailing how the award fits into the overall professional development plan of the new faculty member.
2. A professional development plan for the faculty member signed by the mentor.
3. A completed Faculty/Student Information Coversheet;
4. A CMFSDP Faculty Recruitment Award Budget Summary
5. A signed copy of the letter of offer; and
6. A curriculum vita of the proposed faculty member.
If the application is approved, the recruitment award funds will be transferred to the department. The department chair will provide an annual progress report to the CMFSDP Committee regarding the faculty member’s progress toward tenure and a financial report on CMFSDP funds dispersed by June 30th of each year until tenure is awarded or the faculty member is no longer at UAB.
1. If the award request involves travel to serve as an invited speaker/presenter at a professional conference within the United States, the letter of invitation to the faculty member and a copy of the conference agenda must be attached.
2. Should the faculty member leave prior to a tenure decision, all unspent funds must be returned to the CMFSDP Committee and purchased equipment must be returned to the department.
CMFSDP Application Form
(pdf format - requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)