Students in their 2nd year or above can take any of the first year modules as an advanced, if they did not take them during their 1st year. It is expected, however, that such students will be required to do work above and beyond what is required of the first years, since this will be an advanced course for anyone not in their first year.
List of the current 1st year modules:
- GBS 710 - Cell Signaling
- GBS 720 - Genomic Structure and Function (January)
- GBS 774 - Cancer Immunology (February)
- GBS 770 - Pathogenesis/Pathobiology (March)
- GBS 753 - Pharmacology and Molecular Medicine (April)
New advanced courses are being planned. These will be offered every other year.
- Fall 2012 - GBS 769: Carcinogenesis
- Spring 2013 - GBS 778: Cancer Metastases
- Fall 2013 - GBS 779: Translational Research in Cancer
- Spring 2014 - GBS 775: Cancer Treatment (Pharmacology/Prevention)