Start Up Basics
Each program will provide specific information to entering students concerning the administrative requirements below and will assist students with the necessary processes and paperwork.
- Blazer ID - you will need this first!
- BlazerNET Student Information System - needed for online registration & training
- Email Account
- International Students
- Parking and Transportation Services - Parking decals, etc.
- Student Health & Insurance Programs
- Student Health Service
- VIVA Health Student Health Plan and Application Forms
- Diversity Training
- Effort Reporting Training
- HIPAA Training
- IACUC (Animal Care and Use Committee) Training
- IRB (Institutional Review Board for Human Use) Training
- Radiation Safety/Biohazards Training
- Research Code of Conduct
- Responsible Conduct of Research - required of all GBS students
- Graduate Assistantships
- Payroll - W2 and W4 income tax forms as well as a direct deposit form must be completed through the Oracle system. Once all the forms have been processed, your pay will be direct deposited into the assigned bank account that you indicate.
- Student Accounting
- Federal information website
- UAB information website
- Q & A on stipend tax information