Requirements and Deadlines
Please review the Application Process Checklist for detailed instructions on applying.
Acceptance into the CMDB theme requires a bachelor's degree including undergraduate coursework in calculus, general and organic chemistry, and at least one introductory course in zoology or biology by the time of entrance.
The general requirements for acceptance into the program are:
• Minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Target combined V/Q score on the GRE of 300 (or 1100 on the old exam)
• A strong background in biology, chemistry, and/or mathematics. Undergraduate-level courses in cell biology, biochemistry, developmental biology, and genetics are strongly encouraged.
Undergraduate mathematics through calculus and physics are also recommended.
International students must submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) earned within the last two years. Applicants with scores of 100 (internet-based) or 250 (computer-based) or higher will be considered. Applicants who have earned a degree from a college/university with English as the first language may request a waiver of the TOEFL requirement. The IELTS will be accepted, although it is not the preferred language test.
Application deadline for domestic applicants: Submit by mid-January for priority consideration; applications received through April 1st will be considered until open slots are filled.
Application deadline for international applicants: January 15, 2014 (ALL MATERIALS RECEIVED BY THIS DATE). No exceptions will be made to this deadline. Firm.
Required Application Materials
- Domestic applicants: No application fee
- International applicants: $60 application fee
- Application and personal statement
- Official GRE scores (institutional code 1856, no departmental code is required)
- TOEFL scores (for international applicants); the code is 1856
- 3 letters of recommendation (Electronic submission is the ONLY method.)
We hope to receive your application soon, click here to Apply now.