- The Year End Assessment (YEA), which occurs at the end of the student's first year, consists of 2 components - a written, take home and an oral and is exculsively for Neuroscience Theme students.
- The written will, ideally, take place in mid-July with the oral exam scheduled for late August the year after the student enters the program (i.e. if you entered in Fall 2009, QE will be in 2010)
- YEA is not the QE. For the Qualifying Exam that allows entrance into candidacy, students must write and defend his/her thesis to committee, usually during the student's third year in the program. This QE is required of all graduate students.
For 2013 YEA:
- 2 Mandatory Meetings: June 12 and June 27, 2:30pm both days in CIRC 235c/SHEL 318
- Written QE will be July 12-19
- Exam emailed to student by 9am on July 12
- Completed exam emailed back no later than 3pm on July 19
- Orals will be August 23 / 8am-5:15pm / SHEL 318
- 8am: Angela Nietz
- 9:15am: Lindsey Smith
- 10:30am: Allie Widman
- 12:30pm: Ryan Vaden
- 1:45pm: Luke Stewart
- 3pm: David Figge
- 4:15pm: Levi Miller