- The Year End Assessment (YEA), which occurs at the end of the student's first year, consists of 2 components - a written, take home and an oral and is exculsively for Neuroscience Theme students.
- The written exam will take place in mid-July with the oral exam scheduled for late August
- If you enter in Fall 2015, you will take the exam in summer of 2016.
- YEA is not the QE. For the Qualifying Exam that allows entrance into candidacy, students must write and defend his/her thesis to committee, usually during the student's third year in the program. This QE is required of all graduate students.
For 2015 YEA:
- 2 Mandatory Meetings with the Theme Director
- Written QE will be July 10-17
- Orals will be August 27, 9am-3pm / Shelby 105