- No application fee is required for US citizen or Permanent Resident applicants.
- All applications must be submitted online via the ApplyYourself system.
(Please note: all application material must be submitted online via the ApplyYourself system.)
- Completed application.
- Test scores (UAB Institutional Code: 1856)
- GRE: official scores must be no more than 5 years old. Applicants who haven't received their official scores are encouraged to include "unofficial" scores on their application or on a seperate page with their uploaded documents to ApplyYourself.
- TOEFL: official scores must be no more than 2 years old. International or Domestic-International applicants may request a waiver of their TOEFL scores if they attended a university and/or college where English was the primary language, which must be documented on the transcript or through an official of the university. Applicants who haven't received their official scores are encouraged to include "unofficial" scores on their application or on a seperate page with their uploaded documents to ApplyYourself.
- Official transcripts are required from all institutions attended after high school. A copy of all transcripts should be sent directly to the UAB Graduate School. Applicants are encouraged to include unofficial copies of all transcripts in their uploaded documents to ApplyYourself. Applications can be reveiewed using unofficial transcripts.
- Reference Letters: PBMM requires three reference letters in order to evaluate applications. All reference letters must be submitted online via the ApplyYourself system. Note: The UAB Graduate School does not track reference letters as one of the required components; therefore, you may receive an email from the Graduate School indicating that your application is complete. Instead, you need to verify the submission of all 3 reference letters by logging back into Apply Yourself where you can check the status.
MSTP (MD/PhD) Applicants
- Students interested in MSTP (MD/PhD program) should use the application process on the UAB MD/PhD Program web site.
Deadlines and Other Dates
Jan. 15 - Dealine for International Applicants
Note: There is no deadline for Domestic applicants, however, early application (e.g., by mid-December) is recommended for priority consideration.
Jan.-March - On-campus visits for those applicants selected to be interviewed
April 15 - All offers and acceptance of offers concluded