Faculty & Research
PATHOBIOLOGY AND MOLECULAR MEDICINE FACULTY
The PhD and MD-trained scientists who constitute the PBMM faculty are engaged in nationally-recognized and well-funded research in diverse areas of basic and clinically relevant science.
PBMM students have the opportunity to work with any of the faculty affiliated with the PBMM theme.
Faculty affiliated with PBMM can be found two ways:
- Using the UAB School of Medicine Faculty Profiles page which provides links to profiles of each PBMM faculty member.
- Faculty affiliated with PBMM may also be found under the School & Department List.
- Please note: faculty may or may not be accepting students due to funding or space constraints. It is the reponsibility of each student to inquire if the faculty has adequate funding and/or lab space to accept new students.
Resarch Failities and Centers
UAB provides an outstanding research environment for graduate training:
- UAB Research Centers provide outstanding opportunity for students to accelerate their research
- UAB Scientific Core Facilities provide state-of-the-art technical service and assistance needed to accomplish complex, interdisciplinary research projects
- Southern Research Institute- Southern Research scientists hold UAB faculty appointments and offer graduate training as members of GBS graduate programs.
- Innovation Depot - UAB affiliated biotech incubator facility