President Ray Watts has set a goal for UAB to be one of the most dynamic and productive universities of the 21st century and attain our vision to be an internationally renowned research university — a first choice for education and health care. This means setting priorities, investing our resources carefully and inviting partners to join us in The Campaign for UAB: Give Something, Change Everything — the largest, most comprehensive fund-raising initiative in the university's history.
During this campaign, we will raise $1 billion that will enable us to expand educational and cultural opportunities, advance research and patient care and fuel economic development. We can accomplish this by aligning our resources with our aspirations:
- Fund scholarships that remove financial barriers to a UAB education;
- Create endowments that attract faculty at the top of their fields;
- Expand residential, teaching and athletic facilities to accommodate increasing enrollment and expanding programs;
- Invest in new technologies that support teaching, research and global outreach;
- Underwrite efforts to commercialize discoveries;
- Build and expand patient-care facilities to improve the health of residents in our region and beyond; and
- Support arts and cultural programs that enrich our lives and strengthen the fabric of our community.