- Working with students to identify and overcome stressors and concerns that may be interfering with personal or academic success, a case manager connects students to on or off campus resources and provides supports to those experiencing recent hospitalizations, personal or family emergencies and mental health concerns.
Non-Academic Student Code of Conduct
- The Code provides for the safety and well-being of the university environment and encourages responsible decision making through accountability. Students may contact the Office of Student Engagement if experiencing any of the following: threatening or inappropriate behavior, harassment, stalking, sexual misconduct, relationship violence, or alcohol or drug abuse. For the full student conduct code, visit http://www.uab.edu/handbook/f-policies-procedures/studentconduct.
- The Office of Student Engagement also provides educational outreach to the campus community on other relevant issues students may face.
- Address: 1715 9th Avenue South
- Telephone: 205-975-9509
Presentations and Training
- The Office of Student Engagement is available for presentations or training. Sessions offered by the staff are for Faculty, Classes, Student Housing & Residential Life, Athletics, Student Groups and Organizations
- Presentations or Training offered: Student Code of Conduct, Student Engagement Case Management, Alcohol and Drug, Best Practices: Interventions with Students of Concern, Sexual Violence, Hazing, Ethics and Decision-Making.
If a particular topic is not on the list, Student Engagement staff may be able to design a program to fit address that topic. Phone 975-9509 for more information.